Mini-review: Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence
June 28, 2018
I keep on exploring the beautiful world of Korean propolis essences with a best-seller among K-Beauty lovers: the Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence.
Last fall, when I first started browsing this product category, Skinfood’s propolis essence was always cited as one of the most moisturizing essences. I didn’t really have a very good image of the Korean brand ‘Skinfood’ and when I went to Seoul last year, I also didn’t spend a lot of time in their shops. It’s true, their packagings are super cute, fun and attractive but I didn’t find their formulas were exceptional. I also find that the brand has a tendency to get into greenwashing; they definitely show off with the natural ingredients in their communication but in the end, the formulas are not always super clean and natural. That being said, I must admit that the Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence is like an exception to such a rule!
Its formula is indeed quite impressive, with many good active ingredients for the skin. It’s particularly rich in ingredients from the hive (which I have discussed in detail in my focus on honey and propolis): 63% propolis extract, 10% royal jelly, 10% fermented black honey extract.
So I took advantage of a promotion on YesStyle.com last winter to try it. I used it in the evening as a moisturizing/repairing serum. Among the different propolis essences I tried, this one is probably the most “nourishing” of the bunch (even if its texture isn’t greasy at all).
I prefer to use this product when my skin needs to be repaired (in winter or at the peak of Dubai summer, with the air conditioning 24/24). Its moisturizing action is really effective on my skin.
In short, I think the quantity/quality/price ratio is great and I already repurchased it!
Product Review in detail
Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence
"A fully nutritious essence that contains 63% black bee propolis extract, 10% royal jelly extract, and 10% black honey extract to build a firm barrier for radiant and moist skin."
A good product!
$21 - $39
- the formula full of interesting active ingredients for the skin,
- the formula is really repairing and moisturizing, perfect for damaged skins (after you went to the sun or during the winter, for example),
- the comfortable texture without being greasy,
- the practical packaging with its self-filling pipette (I love it!) and which is also very pretty,
- the product lasts a very long time: I used it once a day, it lasted almost 8 months.
- if I really have to find something, it's not a practical product to travel with, because of the glass packaging.
Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence
A glass bottle with a self-filling pipette: when you unscrew the cap, it collect the perfect amount of product.
A gel texture, a little viscous at first but which is absorbed very quickly into the skin.
For all skin types, especially sensitive skins!
– repair damaged skin,
– soothe sensitive skins,
– calm the redness of over-heated skins,
– provide long-lasting hydration for dry and dehydrated skins,
– soothe the inflammation and help to heal acne-prone skins’ scars,
– prevent the signs of aging with its antioxidant action.
About the quantity necessary: the packaging delivers the right amount, which is very practical.
I apply the Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence morning and/or evening after my toner and essence, and before my serum (or instead of my serum).
– 63% propolis extract: an antioxidant, repairing, healing, anti-bacterial ingredient that gives radiance to the complexion,
– 10% royal jelly: regenerating, nourishing and rebalancing, but also firming,
– 10% fermented South Asian black honey extract: powerful anti-bacterial, antioxidant and repairing ingredient,
– Portulaca Oleracea: antioxidant,
– Beta-Glucan: soothing and antioxidant,
– Lactobacillus Ferment: moisturizing and soothing,
– Saccharomyces yeasts: a glow giver and help to regenerate the skin,
– Hyaluronic Acid (low molecular weight): deep moisturizing ingredient,
– Arginine: an antioxidant amino acid.
Propolis Extract, Honey Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Glycerin, Beta-Glucan, Lactobacillus Ferment, Saccharomyces Ferment, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Carbomer, Arginine.
Ingredients not included
– mineral oils,