When I decided to try some products from the Korean skincare brand Blithe, I ordered more than the Pressed Serum Tundra Chaga. I also added the Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Beans essence in my basket!
Some articles are harder to write than others, and “meh” product reviews are clearly amongst these ones! Reviewing a product that is neither bad nor insanely good, not unpleasant to use but not memorable either, and that doesn’t give an incredible result on the skin (but that my skin doesn’t hate either), I’ve seen some more entertaining topics to write about!
Yet on paper, this Blithe Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Bean essence was quite appealing:
– it’s made by the innovative and very cool K-Beauty brand Blithe, so I was definitely prepared to love it,
– its texture is like a liquid jelly (which I usually really like) with the nice detail of the little vitamin E beads that burst and melt on contact with the skin,
– its composition is great, with lots of natural and fermented ingredients: soy, beans, lentils, vegetable oils, hyaluronic acid, adenosine…
I was very excited to try it!
So I ordered the Blithe Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Bean essence with the Pressed Serum Tundra Chaga last year and used them together at first, then I continued to use it with other products because it lasts a verrrry long time (I definitely won’t complain about it, at least, there’s that). More than 8 months.
I was expecting a rather “comforting” texture considering the ingredients it contains but the texture is rather aqueous, very fresh even. Maybe that’s what disappointed me a little, by the way. I definitely expected a more comforting product. I would have liked to feel its repairing action, not only its moisturizing one.
But as a result, I find it a bit expensive to pay for “just” a moisturizing product. I have products in my skincare collection that give me the same result and that I paid 1/4 of the price of the Blithe one (like my lotions, for example). Obviously, they don’t have the cool vitamin E beads that burst on contact with the skin, but these beads end up being a little bit too expensive, if you ask me! 😉
In short, the Blithe Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Bean essence is certainly not a bad product, but it’s not a memorable essence either… You can definitely find a good dupe for this one, at a less expensive price tag!
If you tried it, I’d be very curious to know your thoughts. Feel free to leave me a comment below!
Product Review in detail
Blithe Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Bean essence
"A hydrating, antiaging essence that improves the appearance of rough skin with a blend of eight nourishing beans."
You can find dupes at a better price.
$46 - $49
- the formula, very concentrated in natural active ingredients,
- its moisturizing effect without being greasy at all, the product is absorbed in a few seconds,
- the fun side of the vitamin E beads in the formula (which can also be gimmicky, in a way),
- it lasts for a really long time (about 8-9 months using it once a day).
- I was expecting a more comfortable texture. For my combination skin, it's still fine but if you have dry skin, it might be too light.
- I find it expensive, you can definitely get similar results with cheaper products.
Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Beans essence
A plastic bottle, quite simple and modern
A jelly liquid that penetrates quickly without leaving a film on the skin
For all skin types, especially the dry, dehydrated, dull, mature skins.
– Dehydration, dryness,
– lack of firmness,
– wrinkles, fine lines,
– lack of radiance.
After I cleansed my skin, and on my slightly damp skin, I apply a few drops of the product by gently dabbing it onto the skin to make it penetrate.
It’s absorbed in a few seconds, it doesn’t leave any film on the skin.
– 22.844% of fermented soybean extract: rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this active ingredient has an anti-aging and moisturizing effect.
– 9.665% of carob, a moisturizing ingredient that also gives this lotion its jellified appearance.
– small antioxidant vitamin E beads that burst on contact with the skin,
– various seeds, nuts, fruits and various beans extracts: peanut, lentil, beans, kidney beans, black beans, oat, argan, corn, olives for their nourishing, repairing and antioxidant effects.
– hyaluronic acid: moisturizing.
– adenosine: anti-wrinkle.
– essential oils: lemon, mint, and orange to give a fresh feeling and also for their energizing aspect.
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract(22.844%), Ceratonia Siliqua (Carob) Fruit Extract(9.665%), Phaseolus Radiatus Seed Extract (9.665%), Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Fruit Extract(9.665%), Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract(9.665%), Phaseolus Angularis Seed Extract(9.665%), Phaseolus Vulgaris (Kidney Bean) Seed Extract(9.665%), Butylene Glycol, PEG-32, Glycerin, Water, 1,2-Hexanediol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Polyglutamic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Limon（Lemon）Peel Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. Candida Bombicola/Glucose/Methyl Rapeseedate Ferment, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil.
Ingredients not included
– mineral oil,