- We, or the author, purchased this item.
- We may receive commission (from a sale) if you click on and purchase from affiliate link(s) below. You'll be helping to support the magazine.
At a glance
I introduce you to the Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream, that literally saved my skin this summer!
This summer, my skin struggled. Heat and humidity that prohibit the use of textures that are too rich, paired with drying air conditioning = the combo of hell for my skin. So I started looking for the perfect product for this extreme climate, and fortunately, I can always count on K-Beauty to save the day! Meet the skincare gem that kept my skin alive, the Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream!
Yes, I know, I’m posting this review a bit late (it’s September), but I sincerely think that a cream capable of reviving a completely dehydrated and suffering skin with a light and silky texture, can be appealing for a lot of people, even in autumn!
Because the Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream is not a classic, super watery, fresh and thirst-quenching gel-cream. Here, the skin barrier is repaired with heavy-duty ingredients that effectively replenish the inter-cellular cement (but there’s a secret in the formula that allows you to do this without having a greasy texture, you’ll see 😉 ).
Plus, I’ve been wanting to try the brand Aestura for a while, so this was the perfect opportunity!
I’ll tell you more about the brand and reveal all the secrets of the Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream in my review today!
Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream, product presentation:
At first, I thought that Aestura was a bit like the Korean Cerave, with its medical austerity and its formulas respectful of the skin barrier… But as is often the case with Korean skincare, there’s this little bit of innovation and technology, and especially those insanely amazing textures that make all the difference.
Founded in 1983 by the Amorepacific group, Aestura is a Korean skincare brand specialized in the treatment of damaged skin. Initially only available in hospitals, the brand has expanded its range to include products sold in conventional cosmetic stores.
Focusing primarily on the basic functions and mechanisms of the skin, Aestura has developed its skincare line based on recognized scientific and medical research.
Their main innovation, the DermaON technology, is Aestura’s proprietary complex of ingredients found in the majority of the products in the line. The patented DermaOn technology consists of a three-ingredient encapsulation called the “Triple Lipid-Capsule” composed of ceramides, fatty acids and cholesterol, a magical trio of ingredients naturally found in the lipid layers of the skin barrier, which form what is known as intercellular cement. The latter is essential to keep the skin well hydrated and healthy.
Their best seller is undoubtedly the AtoBarrier 365 cream, a rich repair cream perfect for dry, damaged skin, which needs a lot of comfort.
The product I tried, the Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream is a much lighter version of this cream. But beware, it’s still a product that can repair a damaged skin barrier, so don’t expect a completely watery texture and a product that absorbs in less than two seconds and leaves your skin feeling bare.
Even with its gel-cream texture, the brand is aiming at the comfort of skin that suffers during the warm season, or skin types that prefer lighter textures but still have a strong need for hydration and even nutrition.
That’s the magic of this product! I think it can be suitable for dry skin as well as for combination skin, depending on the climate you are in and your preferences in terms of textures.
In its formula, there are mainly moisturizing and nourishing ingredients, such as:
– several amino acids (Arginine, Alanine, Serine, Citrulline, Threonine, Histidine Hcl, Lysine Hcl, Glutamic Acid), perfect for repairing a damaged skin barrier,
– humectant/moisturizing ingredients: Sucrose, Glycogen, PCA, glycerin,
– the brand also highlights trehalose, a very interesting humectant sugar to deeply moisturize the skin,
– and of course there is the DermaON Technology, specific to the Aestura brand. This patented technology encapsulating three ingredients is super interesting because it uses super effective ingredients to repair the intercellular cement that makes up the skin’s protective barrier. The capsule called “Triple Lipid-Capsule” is composed of ceramides, fatty acids and cholesterol, the perfect trio of ingredients if you want to repair damaged skin.
It is thanks to this encapsulation of the richest ingredients that this cream can be so effective without being too rich. And that’s quite an achievement!
This product has indeed a gel-cream texture that is quite fresh at first, but then becomes silky and almost rich, while absorbing quickly into the skin. It leaves the skin super comfortable and plumped up without any greasy effect, it’s pretty amazing! And it’s a perfect makeup base that keeps the skin hydrated without making it shiny.
The packaging is super convenient (although it’s not fancy), and it’s a 60ml tube, so I’ll probably have it for a while (I think it’ll last me at least 4 months in total).
Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream, my experience:
I think this gel cream helped me survive the Dubai summer, and believe me, that is quite a challenge!
The heat and humidity coupled with the air conditioning are usually devastating for my skin. But this product really helped me to stay comfortable all day long without my skin feeling “suffocated” by a too heavy texture.
Its melting texture is really super pleasant, and it’s a real treat to apply it on my skin in the morning. It is fresh but still very repairing and nourishing.
This is really one of the reasons why I love the innovation and textures of K-Beauty. It’s pretty amazing to be able to find products like this that meet needs that may seem totally contradictory!
On top of that, it’s also great as a makeup base, so it’s got it all! I think it will also be perfect for the Fall, which will (hopefully) eventually arrive in Dubai one day! 🤞
Anyway, I’ve already repurchased it! You never know, in case it’s out of stock worldwide. 😉
My first try with the Aestura brand was extremely positive for me! And that makes me want to look at the other products available from the brand. 😉
It’s truly a gel-cream that seems quite simple but is still very innovative and ” techy ” in a way, which the cosmetic nerd in me loves. 😉
Plus, it’s super enjoyable to use, which is always a plus!
Product Review in detail
Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream
"Deeply hydrating soothing cream that delivers moisture nutrients deep into skin to prevent continued dry and taught sensation deep inside your skin.
Those who are looking for a long-lasting yet lightweight water gel-type cream that is perfect for summer.
This moisture bomb opens up skin's moisture passage for extra-deep hydration to create softer, a more supple, and moisture-packed skin."
I love this moisturizer!
$25 - $40
- the texture is insane: the skin is immediately plumped up and it lasts all day,
- the formula is really complete, with a lot of interesting and very effective ingredients,
- the immediate soothing and refreshing effect,
- combo to oily skin will appreciate its lightweight texture,
- skin type on the drier side will like the long-lasting moisturizing effect, without heaviness,
- the hydrating effect which plumps up, without being greasy, and it leaves a pretty semi-matte finish on the skin,
- the long-lasting comfort it provides, even in extreme conditions.
- the packaging is not the most esthetically pleasing, but it's very practical.
Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream
A light blue squeezable plastic tube with a flip-top cap, not super elegant but practical.
A gel-cream texture that is quite fresh at first but then becomes silky and almost rich. It leaves the skin super comfortable and plumped up without any greasy effect, it's quite magical!
All skin types, all ages.
– skin that suffers from a hot and humid climate but feels tight because of the air conditioning,
– sensitized, reactive skin,
– tightness due to dehydration,
– feeling of discomfort,
– drier skin areas,
– lack of radiance.
I use the Aestura Atobarrier 365 Hydro Soothing Cream in the morning for its long-lasting moisturizing effect, but it can be used morning and/or night.
I take a dab of product and apply it to my face and neck at the end of my routine, after my serums.
I wait a few minutes and then apply my sunscreen if it’s my morning routine.
The formula is super interesting and mainly focused on hydration, nutrition but also on maintaining the skin barrier. Perfect for repairing and soothing skin that suffers due to dryness, but without being greasy:
– the brand highlights 11 ingredients that strengthen the skin’s natural moisture: several amino acids (Arginine, Alanine, Serine, Citrulline, Threonine, Histidine Hcl, Lysine Hcl, Glutamic Acid), as well as humectants/ hydrating ingredients: Sucrose, Glycogen, PCA,
– Aestura’s own DermaON Technology: this patented three-ingredient encapsulation technology is so interesting because it provides super effective ingredients to repair the intercellular cement that forms the skin’s protective barrier. The capsule called “Triple Lipid-Capsule” is composed of ceramides, fatty acids and cholesterol, the perfect trio of ingredients if you want to repair damaged skin.
– the brand also highlights trehalose, a humectant sugar that is very interesting for moisturizing the skin in depth,
-and finally, there is moisturizing glycerin.
Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trehalose, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Mannitol, Arginine, Serine, Sucrose, Pca, Citrulline, Glycogen, Histidine Hcl, Alanine, Tocopherol, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Lysine Hcl, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cholesterol, Silica.
Ingredients not included
– mineral oil,
– essential oils,