At a glance
Discover my thorough review of the Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum from the trendy brand made in Singapore, Allies of Skin!
A multitasking serum, for fighting dehydration in all its aspects (= by intensely re-hydrating the skin and preventing the degradation of the skin’s natural hyaluronic acid), but which is also anti-oxidant and anti-aging, these are all the claims of the Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum by the ‘made in Singapore’ brand, Allies Of Skin!
To tell you the truth, I’ve been eyeing the brand Allies Of Skin for a while now! It’s a skincare brand after my own heart, both highly technical and ingredients-focused.
The “Allies Of Skin” are actually all the skincare ingredients! They are definitely carefully chosen, with a focus on effective and scientifically proven active ingredients, in formulas designed to be as “clean” as possible.
The brand has relatively few products because the creator, Nicolas Travis, believes in a rather minimalist skincare routine approach, with very complete products that are self-sufficient.
And you’ll see that this is really the case here, with this Allies of Skin Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum. I’ll tell you more about this multitasking serum, and its very sexy formula! 😉
Allies of Skin Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum, my thoughts:
I wanted to try this Allies Of Skin Serum after I finished my beloved Paula’s Choice Antioxidant Pore Purifying Serum.
I had also finished a Hada Labo lotion at about the same time, and for once, I thought maybe I could find a product that would work as a moisturizer AND anti-oxidant for a slightly “simplified” routine.
Yes, me, the #moreismore enthusiast, I wanted simplicity and a multi-tasking product! (I’m fine, I promise!)
And well, this Allies of Skin Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum checked all the boxes, even a few more!
The formula is a real treat, especially if, like me, you like powerful and effective skincare ingredients! Judge for yourself:
– 3 different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid to hydrate all the different levels of the skin (on the surface and deep down),
– many antioxidant ingredients, including Resveratrol and Superoxide Dismutase, to protect my skin from environmental stress during the day (I use this serum in the morning),
– powerful and effective anti-aging actives to prevent my skin from withering away too quickly, such as the super peptide Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38 which boosts collagen production among other benefits.
In short, I couldn’t wait to try it!
I took advantage of a Cult Beauty coupon I got for my birthday to buy it a few months ago. It’s really not cheap, let me tell ya!
And it’s a bit tiny too, only 30ml…
Well, that being said, with 2 pumps, I have enough for my face and neck, no need to apply tons of product, a little goes a long way!
The texture is quite tacky by the way, another reason not to use too much or else, it feels quite sticky!
Another thing, its strong fragrance really surprised me! The brand doesn’t use synthetic fragrance, but visibly, they’re not against using a lot of essential oils. There is quite a strong smell of rose and geranium!
Personally, especially when the essential oils are there only to perfume the product, I don’t really see the point and I would have preferred that the brand refrained from using them. My skin doesn’t particularly react to them, but I think that in the long term, they can have a tendency to be irritating…
In short, this product doesn’t really feel luxurious… It’s a a bit of a shame, because at this price, I expect it to be!
However, I find it really effective on my skin! I can definitely feel the moisturizing effect, my dehydrated combo skin remains comfortable all day long, without feeling greasy or shiny!
For the anti-oxidant and anti-aging effect, it’s hard to judge from a few months of use, this kind of thing takes a long time to be visible!
But what I didn’t expect with this product is that I also find it quite soothing, which is always a plus for my retinol-sensitized skin!
In short, for me, the Allies of Skin Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum is a good product, very well formulated and effective on my skin.
But, for the price, the formula doesn’t feel extremely luxurious… As a general rule, this is not the most important thing for me in a cosmetic, but I must say, that for this price, I feel that I was expecting more from it!
Product Review in detail
Allies of Skin Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum
"A hydration + repair serum (pH 4.3-5.1) supercharged with 3 forms of Hyaluronic Acid (Low Molecular Weight, High Molecular Weight and Botanical Polysaccharide), 5% Resveratrol Ferment, 2% Superoxide Dismutase and multiple antioxidants to intensely hydrate, brighten and strengthen dehydrated skin."
A good product, if you can afford it.
$75 - $100
- the very complete formula filled with great actives that are very interesting for my skin needs,
- the effectiveness on hydration,
- the anti-aging effect thanks to peptides,
- the anti-oxidant action, therefore anti-ageing,
- its non-greasy effect on the skin,
- the packaging, which is pretty and protects the formula well.
- the texture is quite sticky/ tacky, it doesn't feel very luxurious,
- the scent of rose and geranium is quite overpowering,
- the presence of essential oils that don't really add much to the formula,
- the packaging is pretty but not very practical because it's difficult to open,
- the very high price (especially when it's only 30ml).
Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum
Allies of Skin
An opaque plastic bottle with a pump. You need to twist it to open it.
A overpowering scent of rose and geranium.
A gel that feels a bit sticky upon application.
All skin type, all age.
– dehydrated skin,
– dry skin,
– wrinkles, fine lines,
– lack of comfort,
– anti-aging prevention.
I apply the Triple Hyaluronic Antioxidant Hydration Serum in the morning at the moment, but you can use it morning and/or evening.
After applying my essence(s), I take the equivalent 2 pumps and massage my face and neck with it. Once it’s almost absorbed, I finish with some hand pressures on my skin and continue with the rest of my routine. It absorbs relatively quickly, although it leaves a rather sticky effect that luckily fades away quickly once I apply something else on top.
It’s a super complete and multitasking serum! I could almost use it in the morning and in the evening (I said almost!)(#moreismore) because the ingredients it contains meet almost all my skin needs!
In its formula, you can find, among other things:
– Hyaluronic acid (3 different molecular weights, including one botanical, from cassia augustifolia seed’s polysaccharide) for their moisturizing and smoothing action on fine lines and wrinkles,
– Strawberry extracts to prevent loss of skin moisture,
– Glycerin and phospholipids for the comfort and hydration,
– many anti-oxidant ingredients such as Resveratrol (here concentrated at 5%), Superoxide Dismutase (2%), Niacinamide (which is also soothing, purifying, lightening and anti-aging), Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), Astaxanthin (a carotenoid derivative), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin D-Alpha), Damascus Rose Oil,
– some anti-aging ingredients: a peptide, Palmitoyl tripeptide-38, and also adenosine,
– soothing licorice root extract that soothes and boosts the complexion’s radiance,
– honey for the humectant and soothing effect.
It also contains essential oils, so be careful if you are sensitive to this type of ingredient.
Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Glycerin, Superoxide Dismutase, Triethyl Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate (L), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Phospholipids, Sphingolipids, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Honey (Mel), Adenosine (D), Astaxanthin, Tocopheryl Acetate (D-alpha), Sodium Polygamma-Glutamate, Sclerotium Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Corn Starch (Modified), Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, O-cymen-5-OL, Phenoxyethanol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool.
* Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package for the most up to date list of ingredients.
Ingredients not included
– mineral oil,